The Admirals believe that education is vital to the development of a strong community. As a result, they are involved in several education programs in the Hampton Roads area. The Admirals periodically visit local schools where they read to students, share different languages and cultures, give geography lessons, and more. Here are some of the programs that the Admirals are supporting, participating in, or coordinating this season:
The Norfolk Admirals would like to share their favorite books with you. Take this list to your local library or book store and see if you enjoy the same stories as the team!
- Ice Magic, by Matt Christopher
- Z is for Zamboni: A Hockey Alphabet, by Matt Napier, Illustrated by Melanie Rose
- Brady Brady and the Runaway Goalie, by Mary Shaw , Illustrated by Chuck Temple
- Magic Hockey Skates, by Allen Morgan, Illustrated by Michael Martchenko
- Hockey Sweater, by Roch Carrier
- How Hockey Works: The Science of Hockey, by Keltie Thomas
- Kidnapped in Sweden (Screech Owls Series #5), by Roy MacGregor
- Hockey: Miracle on Ice, by Michael Sandler
- Frankenstein Doesn’t Slam Hockey Pucks, by Debbie Dadey and Marcia Thornton Jones
The Norfolk Admirals promote literacy in the Hampton Roads area by sharing their favorite books with students of all ages. If you would like to have the Norfolk Admirals come to your school, contact Vice President – Community Affairs Brooke Cranor at 757-640-1212.