– The Norfolk Admirals will continue their season-long eight-game homestand this weekend with a pair of games against their East Division rivals, the Syracuse Crunch. The Admirals opened the homestand, which is comprised entirely of East Division foes, by splitting a weekend series with the Binghamton Senators.
The Admirals returned from the All Star Break on Thursday evening against the Charlotte Checkers in Charlotte, N.C. Marc-Antoine Pouliot
scored late in regulation to tie the game, but Charlotte's Jerome Samson
scored 1:11 into overtime as the Admirals fell, 7-6
. On Friday night, Marc-Andre Bergeron
scored two power play goals, including the game-winner in overtime, as the Admirals defeated the Binghamton Senators, 4-3
, at Scope. To wrap-up the weekend series on Saturday night, Roman Wick
scored with 13 seconds remaining in regulation as the Senators defeated the Admirals, 3-2
, to split the weekend-series.
The Admirals will return to the ice on Friday and Saturday nights as the Syracuse Crunch visit Scope for the final two meetings at Scope this season. Friday night's matchup will be All-Faith night at Norfolk Scope. On Saturday evening, the first 2,000 fans will receive the second set of 2010-11 Admirals trading cards. Following the game on Saturday, the team will hold its final-post game skate where fans can skate with their favorite Admiral players.
EAST DIVISION STANDINGS
At 25-15-8-3 (61 pts.) the Admirals are in fourth place in the East Division. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (38-14-0-0, 76 pts.), Hershey Bears (31-14-1-3, 66 pts.) and Charlotte Checkers (29-18-1-4, 63 pts.) lead the division. Trailing the Admirals are the Binghamton Senators (25-20-3-3, 56 pts.), Syracuse Crunch (18-26-2-4, 42 pts.), Albany Devils (18-28-0-3, 39 pts.) and Adirondack Phantoms (16-30-2-3, 37 pts.). Click here for the complete, up-to-the-minute AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Fri., Feb. 11 … vs. Syracuse Crunch (Anaheim Ducks) … 7:30 p.m. | GET TICKETS
Sat., Feb. 12 … vs. Syracuse Crunch (Anaheim Ducks) …7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS
All-FAITH NIGHT AT NORFOLK SCOPE
- Norfolk has only one win in its last eight games (1-5-1-1).
- Blair Jones has points in five straight games (3G, 2A) and in nine of his last 12 games (6G, 8A).
- All-Star Johan Harju has points in four straight games (2G, 3A).
- Goaltender Mike Smith has joined the Admirals on assignment from the Tampa Bay Lightning. In 129 career AHL games between Norfolk, the Utah Grizzlies, Houston Aeros and Iowa Stars, Smith has a 57-54-6 record with a 2.59 goals-against average and .914 save percentage.
- Forward Mattias Ritola has also joined the Admirals from Tampa Bay. In 211 career AHL games, Ritola has 41 goals and 106 points
- On Friday vs. Binghamton, Norfolk won in overtime at home for the first time in nine tries this season (1-5-3).
- The Admirals' last prior overtime victory at home came on February 5, 2010, vs. the Hartford Wolf Pack
- The Admirals are in the midst of an eight-game homestand made up entirely of East Division competition. The Syracuse Crunch make their final visit to Norfolk Scope Arena this season on Friday and Saturday in games three and four of the homestand.
Game five of the homestand next Tuesday will mark the first of four visits by the Hershey Bears to Norfolk Scope Arena this season.
- With 13 goals and 31 assists for 44 points, Marc-Antoine Pouliot is only one point away from matching Ryan Craig's team-leading point total from the entire 2009-10 season.
- Pouliot is the first Norfolk player to record 30 or more assists in a single season since Zenon Konopka (40) and Blair Jones (34) did so in 2008-09.
Join the Admirals for an evening of high-speed, hard-hitting, action-packed entertainment at a discounted price! The largest participating group can select a representative to drop the ceremonial first puck before the game. For a limited time, special $10 Red Level Tickets are available for groups of all faiths through the Admirals Group Sales Office. Simply call (757) 640-1212 to reserve your tickets by Thursday, February 10th. Click here for more information
ADMIRALS TRADING CARDS
On Saturday night February 12th, the first 2,000 fans through the gates will receive the second set of 2010-11 Admirals trading cards. Click here for more information
POST GAME SKATE WITH THE ADMIRALS
After the game on Saturday night, the Admirals will hold their final post-game skate of the season where fans can skate at Scope with their favorite Admirals following the game. A limited number of skates will be available or fans may bring their own skates. Click here for more information
Goals: Johan Harju
Assists: Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Points: Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Games: Mike Angelidis
, Paul Szczechura
, James Wright
PP goals: Paul Szczechura
SH Goals: James Wright
+/- Rating: Mike Angelidis
PIM: Mike Angelidis
GAA: Cedrick Desjardins
, Mike Smith
Spct: Cedrick Desjardins
Wins: Cedrick Desjardins
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: Kyle Palmieri
Assists: Trevor Smith
Points: Trevor Smith
Games: Nicolas Deschamps
PP goals: Matt Beleskey
, Patrick Maroon
+/- Rating: Joe DiPenta
PIM: Leigh Salters
GAA: Jean-Philippe Levasseur
Spct: Jean-Philippe Levasseur
Wins: Timo Pielmeier
Losses: Jean-Philippe Levasseur
, Timo Pielmeier
GPI: Jean-Philippe Levasseur
Minutes: Jean-Philippe Levasseur
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
February 5, 2011
DELETE D Marc-Andre Bergeron
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
ADD G Mike Smith
– Returned on loan from Tampa Bay (NHL)
February 6, 2011
DELETE G Jaroslav Janus
– Reassigned by Tampa Bay (NHL) to Florida (ECHL)
February 9, 2011
ADD C Mattias Ritola
– Loaned by Tampa Bay (NHL)
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Take advantage of great savings on Admirals tickets with our 10-Packs and group tickets. 10-Packs are available for as little as $110 and allow you to pick the games you want. Group tickets start at $10 for groups of 25 or more people. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
anytime for more details or to purchase your tickets!
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All eighty regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com