Lightning Sweep Capitals, Advance to Eastern Conference Finals
TAMPA BAY, Fla. – The Tampa Bay Lightning, NHL parent club of the Norfolk Admirals, defeated the Washington Capitals, 5-3, in Game Four of their Eastern Conference Semifinals series tonight at the St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa Bay, Florida. The fifth-seeded Lightning won the series, four games to zero, over the first-seeded Capitals, and will advance to the Eastern Conference Finals of the 2011 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Former Admiral Marc-Andre Bergeron scored the eventual game-winning and series-clinching goal on the power play in the third period. Former Admiral Steve Downie had two assists in the game and finished with five points for Tampa Bay in the series (1G, 4A). AHL Admirals all-time leading scorer Blair Jones joined Adam Hall and Mike Lundin to round out the list of former Admirals who played in Game Four for the Lightning.
Tampa Bay now awaits the winner of the other Eastern Conference Semifinals series between the #2 seed Philadelphia Flyers and #3 seed Boston Bruins. Boston currently leads that series, three games to zero, with Game Four scheduled for Friday night at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
Statistics of Former Admiral Players with the Lightning During the Series vs. Washington:
- Marc-Andre Bergeron: 4GP, 1G, 0A, 1PT
- Steve Downie: 4GP, 1G, 4A, 5PTS
- Adam Hall: 4GP, 0G, 2A, 2PTS
- Blair Jones: 3GP, 0G, 0A, 0PTS
- Mike Lundin: 4GP, 0G, 1A, 1PT
- On Lightning Roster But Did Not Play: Mike Angelidis, Marc-Antoine Pouliot, Mattias Ritola, Mathieu Roy, Matt Smaby, Mike Smith, Dustin Tokarski, Dana Tyrell