– The Norfolk Admirals will return home this weekend for a pair of games against the Adirondack Phantoms at Norfolk Scope Arena.
Last week, Norfolk went 1-2-0-0 on a three-game road trip after the All-Star Break. Carter Ashton
was the only player to score on former Admirals goaltender Michael Leighton
on Friday as Norfolk fell at Adirondack, 3-1
. Trevor Smith
posted two goals and two assists on Saturday as the Admirals topped the Springfield Falcons, 6-1
. In the Sunday rematch, the Admirals surrendered three goals in the third period as they fell to the Falcons, 4-2
This week, the Admirals will face off against the Adirondack Phantoms on Friday and Saturday nights at Scope. Friday's game is the second Military Appreciation Night of the 2011-12 season. Please see below for more details.
The Admirals have posted a 27-18-1-2 record, good for 57 points in 48 games this season. Norfolk ranks third in the East Division and fifth in the Eastern Conference. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (28-13-2-5, 63 points) lead the East Division and Eastern Conference. The Hershey Bears (26-14-4-3, 59 points) rank second in the East Division. Trailing Norfolk in the East Division are the Syracuse Crunch (19-18-4-3, 45 points) and Binghamton Senators (20-25-2-1, 43 points). Click here for complete AHL standings
THE ADMIRALS’ WEEK AHEAD
Fri., Feb. 10 … vs. Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers) … 7:30 p.m. | GET TICKETS | INVITE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
Sat., Feb. 11 … vs. Adirondack Phantoms (Philadelphia Flyers) … 7:15 p.m. | GET TICKETS | INVITE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
Sun., Feb. 12 … at Charlotte Checkers (Carolina Hurricanes) … 6:00 p.m.
MILITARY APPRECIATION NIGHT
- Since joining the Admirals on December 3, Mike Kostka has four goals and 19 points in 25 games. He is tied for fifth in AHL scoring by a defenseman since that date.
- Richard Panik has eight points (4g, 4a) in his last ten games.
- Since returning from the Tampa Bay Lightning, Trevor Smith has six points (2g, 4a) in five games.
- Sunday's game in Springfield marked the first time in 2011-12 the Admirals lost a game in regulation when leading after two periods. Norfolk fell to 17-1-1-0 when leading after two periods.
- With his eighth goal of the season on Sunday in Springfield, Pierre-Cedric Labrie surpassed his previous career high for goals in an AHL season.
- Joining Labrie in surpassing previous career highs is Mark Barberio, who has already topped his previous single-season totals for assists (33) and points (39).
- Norfolk is the only team in the AHL with two players each in the top five of points (Cory Conacher, 51 points, 4th; Trevor Smith, 50 points, T-5th) and plus/minus (Pierre-Cedric Labrie, +22, T-2nd; Trevor Smith, +21, 4th).
- The Admirals are 2-2-0-0 against Adirondack in 2011-12.
- Norfolk has trailed entering the third period of each game against Adirondack this season.
- The Admirals and Phantoms are averaging 66.5 combined penalty minutes per game against one another in 2011-12. Twelve different players have posted 10 or more penalty minutes in the season series.
- Rookies Tyler Johnson (3g) and Carter Ashton (3g) have combined to score six of the nine goals Norfolk has posted against Adirondack this season. Michel Ouellet has two tallies, while the team is credited for a goal in Norfolk's shootout victory at Adirondack on October 26.
- Adirondack goaltender Michael Leighton has posted a 2-1-0 record against the Admirals in 2011-12 with a 1.33 goals-against average and .956 save percentage. He is Norfolk's franchise leader in games played, wins, shutouts, goals-against average and save percentage.
- Phantoms forward Tye McGinn has five goals in four games against Norfolk this season. He has only two goals in 35 games against other AHL opponents.
- Adirondack forward Matthew Ford, who was acquired by the Philadelphia Flyers last week in a trade with the Washington Capitals, has posted four goals and six points in nine games against Norfolk in 2011-12 between the Phantoms and Hershey Bears.
The Admirals will hold their second Military Appreciation Night
of the season Friday. The Admirals will be facing off against the Adirondack Phantoms (AHL Affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers) at Scope starting at 7:30 p.m.
Red Level Tickets (normally $17.50 on game nights) will be available for just $9 at the Norfolk Scope Box Office for all active and retired Military, their dependants and reservists with valid military identification.
Groups of 15 or more can purchase their Red Level Tickets in advance for just $8 by contacting the Admirals Group Sale office via phone at (757) 640-1212 ext. 23 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS WEEK ON THE ADMIRALS HOUR RADIO SHOW, PRESENTED BY MICHAEL AND SON
Tune in to the Admirals Hour, Presented by Michael and Son
, this afternoon at 4:00 p.m. on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and 1021TheGame.com. “The Voice of the Admirals” Pete Michaud
and Corporate Sales Manager Dennis McEwen
will be joined by #29 Eric Neilson
. If you have questions for the show, dial (757) 490-2750.
Goals: Cory Conacher
Assists: Mark Barberio
Points: Cory Conacher
Games: Carter Ashton
PP goals: Cory Conacher
SH Goals: J.T. Wyman
+/- Rating: Pierre-Cedric Labrie
PIM: Radko Gudas
GAA: Dustin Tokarski
Spct: Dustin Tokarski
Wins: Dustin Tokarski
Losses: Dustin Tokarski
GPl: Dustin Tokarski
Minutes: Dustin Tokarski
Goals: Denis Hamel
Assists: Jason Akeson
Points: Jason Akeson
Games: Jason Akeson
, Garret Roe (46)
PP goals: Denis Hamel
SH Goals: Eric Wellwood
, Jonathon Kalinski
+/- Rating: Erik Gustafsson
, Blake Kessel
PIM: Tom Sestito
GAA: Michael Leighton
Spct: Michael Leighton
Wins: Michael Leighton
Losses: Michael Leighton
GPI: Michael Leighton
Minutes: Michael Leighton
Goals: Jerome Samson
Assists: Chris Terry
Points: Chris Terry
PP goals: Jerome Samson
+/- Rating: Justin Krueger
PIM: Justin Soryal
GAA: John Muse
Spct: John Muse
Wins: Mike Murphy
Losses: Mike Murphy
GPI: Mike Murphy
Minutes: Mike Murphy
TRANSACTIONS OF THE PAST WEEK
January 31, 2012
DELETE LW Pierre-Cedric Labrie
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
February 3, 2012
ADD LW Pierre-Cedric Labrie
– Returned on loan from Tampa Bay (NHL)
February 7, 2012
DELETE D Evan Oberg
– Recalled from loan by Tampa Bay (NHL)
Individual tickets for all regular season games start at just $12. Tickets are available now at the Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Admirals 10-Packs for the 2011-12 season remain available for as little as $110. You may also reserve your 2012-13 season tickets with a deposit of as little as $100 per seat today. Stop by the Admirals’ Administrative Offices at Scope, call (757) 640-1212 weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or visit norfolkadmirals.com
ON THE RADIO/INTERNET
All regular season games will air live on "The Game" 102.1-FM, 1490-AM and online at 1021TheGame.com
. AHL Live will also carry online video of every Admirals game on a pay-per-view or season pass basis. Fans can log in to watch, listen or get more information about AHL Live’s online audio and video features at ahllive.com