2018 Anchors of Our Community
30 Years of Service Award Nomination Form
In connection with the Norfolk Admirals upcoming 30th Anniversary season, the Anchors of Our Community Awards recognize 30 members of Hampton Roads who have served the community for at least 30 years. This is a public service award intended to honor members of Hampton Roads for aiding the strength, stability, and unity of the community throughout their years of service.
Nominate up to three people by completing the form below for each nominee. No additional documents or supporting materials will be accepted with the nomination form. Nominations must be submitted to the Norfolk Admirals Office no later than 5:00PM on Friday, June 29 to be considered.
This award recognizes those in Hampton Roads who go above and beyond to serve and help others. A nominee should meet the following criteria to be considered for an Anchors in Our Community Award:
- Must have lived or worked in Hampton Roads for 30 plus years.
- Must have worked in their respective field for 30 plus years.
- Categories include, but not limited to: Healthcare, Emergency Services, Fire, Police, Judiciary, Disaster Relief, Education, Government, Nonprofit Administration, Environmental, Assistance Services, and Public Works.
Are you a member of the Hampton Roads community and worked in one of the respective fields for the last 30 years? Feel free to nominate yourself!
The selection process for the Anchors of Our Community Awards will begin on July 1 and run through July 23. Winners will be contacted throughout the month of July.
THE WINNERS CIRCLE
- Three awards will be presented each week for ten consecutive weeks leading up to Norfolk Admirals opening night in October. Award presentations will begin the week of July 30 and run through the week of October 1.
- The 30 winners, as well as all nominees will be recognized on opening night when the Admirals kick off the 30th anniversary season in October.
- Winners will receive a special Norfolk Admirals Anchors of Our Community trophy, as well as two season tickets for the 2018-19 season.