June 4, 2018
Norfolk, VA. – The Norfolk Admirals, proud member of the ECHL, announced the teams protected player list on Monday morning.
The Admirals protected list is made up of 29 players; three goaltenders, 11 defensemen, and 15 forwards.
26 of the 29 players on the protected list saw action for the Admirals during the 2017-18 season. After submitting their end of season roster on June 15 teams can begin to sign players for the 2018-19 season on June 16.
Norfolk’s protected list is below:
Dillon Kelley, Ty Reichenbach, Jamie Murray
Michael Young, Sam Ftorek, TJ Melancon, Balazs Goz, Jordan Abt, Chase Harrison, Daniel Johnston, Romain Chuard, Ryan Segalla, Zane Schartz, Sean Campbell
Brodie Dupont, Grant Besse, TJ Moore, Christian Horn, Patrick D’Amico, Max Cook, Darik Angeli, Domenic Alberga, Tommy Schutt, Kenton Helgesen, Mitch Vandergunst, Chase Witala, John Dunbar, Cason Hohmann, Alex Pompeo
Teams are allowed to protect as many players as they wish provided the players protected meet the guidelines
as defined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players’ Association which state that teams shall retain the rights to each player that:
1. Signed an SPC in 2017-18 with the Member, and has not been traded or released, OR
2. Signed an SPC in 2017-18, and was recalled to the NHL/AHL or IIHF team, and has not been traded or released, OR
3. Had received a Qualifying Offer last summer for the current Season, DID NOT sign an SPC, and has not been traded or released, OR
4. Has been suspended by the Member or League, and has not been traded or released, OR
5. Signed an SPC on or after the first day of the 2017-18 Regular Season, then subsequently signed an NHL/AHL contract, and has not been traded or released, OR
6. Has executed the ECHL Retirement Form, and has not been traded or released.
The ECHL also announced that teams must complete all Future Consideration trades by 3 p.m. ET on June 13 and that teams must submit their Season-Ending Roster by 3 p.m. ET on June 15.